A grand plan, even a noble one to be sure, but I found myself working on drafts of numerous posts - never satisfied and hating the process. The research was never comprehensive enough, the writing never good enough, and the thing that bothered me the most - none of the posts had any soul!
That lead me to ask these two questions: "What really changes a person's life?" and "Is anyone really going to read this shit?" I mean, if I hated writing it, it is a pretty good indication that it would not be a pleasant read.
Here is my conclusion: it is not another scholarly research paper or a collage of news articles that the world needs - it is another heart that cares. That is what changes a person's life.
So in short, I'm going to write about whatever I want to write about - there is a time and a place for advocacy and teaching people about the issues that piss me off, but I believe that more than my amateur attempts to report on different things (which I definitely will from time to time) I want to share things from my heart. The little tidbits of my soul, the snapshots from my life. This is a world that we are all shaping together and we are all in this process together. As we share more of our hearts with one another, I believe that the world will change for the better.
My life speaks louder than any pictures or words - I believe that it will change the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment