Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Saying Goodbye

I just booked my ticket for going home in May.

It's my ticket out of YWAM.

On May 20th, I would no longer be "Minju Kim, YWAM Salem staff," but just plain "Minju Kim, unemployed/prospective student".
I could no longer be able to tell people that I am a missionary - which I sometimes do want to proudly shout out from the top of the world - I will just whisper it to myself, and of course to the army of friends who understand and support my calling. I am very thankful of these friends.
And no matter what labels I might have on the outside, I know who I am.
I am His baby and missionary extraordinaire.

I feel like leaving a home of four years should not have been so easy. 10 minutes online and a few clicks, and it was done. My decision set on a e-ticket. Years of struggle, tears and sweat summarized (currently) in virtual world. A little piece of paper that I wouldn't see until the day of departure became the final stamp on the four most insanely life-changing years of my life.
I am thankful of every single minute of those four years.

It is 28 days and counting until my day of departure.

1 comment:

Jonny McQuitty said...

Onwards and upwards - the RAF's motto is "Per ardua ad astra" - "Through hardship to the stars." C'mon Minju, I'll race you to the skies! You're going to do fine in Boston - you have such a wonderful foundation from your time in Salem! Good luck friend, I believe in you!